Saturday, April 5, 2008

My first ppt.

After making much hue and cry efforts, I have mustered confidence to write a blog .At this point of time my mind is jammed and ideas are not flowing,but I just love people who write blogs and want myself to be loved by them.Taking that into an account, I think I shud move on.

It was 17th september2005 ,fortunately my 19th bithdayand unfortunately my technical paper presentation day."encomium" the tecnical festival which is organized by IEEE branch of my college was the one I was contemplating at.I never bothered to participate in school debates as Isimply considered that as a wastege of time,but realized importance of it when I entered in the arenas of engineers.
I was scared of appearing in front of people,the biggest haunting thought was "what would people think about me when I enter on the podium",but bhai had given "Ambrosia" day before that day:"Never be afraid of presenting yourself in front of people".
"but what if i commit something lunatic"
the reply was"Nobody would dare to laugh,even If someone laughs,he/she is laughing at his/her own folly."
"common big brother lets be pragmatic, these philosphical things would hardly help at last stage".
" U just get a chill pill" came the reply.
Here comes probably the tougfest moment of life. The name was called at the stage. My heart was rending like anything and legs went numb when i made entry on the podium. Alberto(My friend) had come to especially see my ppt& he greeted me for that.His presence, I guess ,hardly helped!
My Mind was blank and I simply ran short of words to introduce my self. I had mugged up few sentences for introduction which I just mingled.The Situation further aggravated when Irealised that I was able to hear my two voices .
yeah thats true!
the first one belonged to me.
the second one of mike which was responding with a lag of probably half a second.
It sent me into tizzy!I just gathered my shattered words and tried to reframe and started speaking again.I am sure the initial two lines were non interpretable,but thanks to god almighty,the situation just overturned with in a few moments .Then, I had reins in my own hands.
I did stutter many times in the middle but that was acceptable as I simply didnt expect something great .Things simply went in my favour after that.
I did get the prize for that ppt ie."the inspiration to work for next one" .

vow!what a catharisis! I am feeling good as i just felt after completing the ppt.
Time for me to take bed as it is already late. If my mom finds me on comp she will nag me by saying"exams are over,why are u still up late night" .
how wud I explain her that there are otherthings apart from studies which have to be dealt. ha ha ha. good night anshul& enjoy sweet dreams.

No comments: